Hunters are looking forward to the opening of the season to take up their favorite hobby. Boar hunting is how exciting and exciting it is to be so dangerous. Non-compliance with the rules of behavior can cost you a lot because the wounded sica is like a tank and can cause severe injuries to a person.
- General hunting rules
- Choice of weapons and equipment for hunting
- How to hunt boars, species, and hunting features
- Hunting with a paddock (round-up)
- Hunting with approach (squad)
- Hunting for boar from the tower
- Hunting in the fields
- How to shoot a boar correctly
- Boar hunting depending on the time of year
- How to hunt wild boar in summer
- Hunting in autumn
- Hunting in winter
General hunting rules
To get a trophy in the form of a carcass of a boar dreams every hunter, but get it not all. Even having counted to the smallest detail, all the actions can be returned from hunting with nothing. If you are just a novice hunter, it is better to train on shooting a smaller game: hare, fox, ducks, pheasants. You need professional skills and certain knowledge to mine the boar. How carefully you prepare for the fishing process will depend on the outcome of events. General hunting rules include a few important points to help you understand how to hunt wild boar:
- Good preparation. Think ahead of you where and when you will hunt down the animal. The wild boar hunting season is not open year-round. It usually lasts from August to the end of February. Hunting with dogs reduces this period to October, and it is better to look for young boars from September to January;
- explore in advance the territory where you are going to hunt, talk to the ranger and learn about the peculiarities of the beast’s behavior in this location, the number of individuals, preferred food. Walkthrough the area and make a route plan. Check the availability of trails for passage because drills will greatly hinder the process of hunting;
- Choose a type of hunting. There are several of them and what suits you depends on some factors;
- Prepare weapons, equipment, ammunition. It would help if you did not come from foreign smells, such as tobacco, alcohol, perfumes, anything that can alert the beast;
- only males can be shot. It is forbidden to shoot females or small piglets. The only exception is the selective shooting;
- remember that a wounded pig is capable of attacking. After shooting, you will have a few seconds to decide: shoot again or seek shelter;
- Do not set the dogs on the wounded animal, in the fight, they can hurt about the fangs;
- Weapons should always be ready;
- Look at tree trunks in search of prey. The larger the bark and towers, the larger the boar can meet;
- at the moment of surveillance, do not go on the animal trail and in the direction of the wind. It is better to get a little out of the way and move against the wind, so you do not scare the animal with its smell;
- try to get close to the beast so that between you were trees and bushes. Such obstacles will slow down the boar if it decides to attack you;
- never approach the beast until you are sure that he is dead;
- If the boar runs at you, jump in front of him to the side. Most likely, there will be no re-attack, and he will run away.
Last but not, don’t panic. Sober thinking will help to orient yourself even in the most difficult situation quickly.
Choice of weapons and equipment for hunting
The main thing when choosing a weapon for hunting is health. Going into the forest, take a control shot, recharge, and shoot again. A boar is a powerful and powerful animal, so the choice of weapons should be appropriate. You can go hunting with both smooth-bore and rifled shotgun. Possible combined type, the main thing that at the time of shooting the gun ensured a reliable defeat of the beast regardless of the hunting conditions.
The choice of a weapon is directly influenced by its
characteristics. Two-barrel shotguns of 12 and 16 calibers are in demand from smooth-bore variants. Patrons can be equipped with various types of bullets: “Vyatka,” “Ideal,” Leva, Blonde, etc. The quality of the fight is determined by the accuracy, heap, and punching ability of the bullet. The projectile should be weighing at least 35 grams, provide an accurate and powerful effect. The bullets of German origin – “Brennike” weighing 36 g. Significant option in the choice of weapons – fast reloading.
The rifled weapons use 7.62×51 mm, 7.62×54 mm, 7.62×73 mm. Large individuals choose more powerful calibers 8×68 mm, 9.3×62 mm, 9.3×64 mm.
Before buying a gun, check it for noise. Constipation mechanisms, fuse, and the trigger should work as silently as possible. It is forbidden to hunt wild boar with a cartouche, and there is a risk of hooking up a neighboring individual in a flock or dogs if they help you. Don’t forget to bring cleaning and lubricant devices, as well as a flashlight and night vision sight if you go hunting in the dark.
Choosing clothes and shoes is the envy of the season and weather
conditions. First of all, the equipment should be convenient for you and inconspicuous for the beast. The fabric from which things are sewn should not rustle, creak and make other frightening sounds. The boar has a perfect ear, and any extraneous noises will scare him off. An experienced hunter dresses all of the soft fabrics. For the legs, there are special pistons made of boar skin, made by wool outwards.
Pay special attention to
camouflage. Choose clothes with color, as close as possible in color to the environment. Use a mosquito hat as protection against insects.
How to hunt boars, species, and hunting features
It is possible to punish the boar in places of feeding or on the trails between the day and feeding. The best time to hunt is early morning or night. At this time, the sica leaves his rookery and goes in search of food. If you find a boar’s sunbed, consider that you are fortunate. Look for the boar tracks around him. Most likely, from the feeding, he will return home the same path. In high season, while you wait for your goal, think about the ambush. It can be a tree and another elevation, with which it is convenient to make a sharp shot. To attract the beast to your territory, you can scatter a little corn or grain. The choice of hunting depends on the terrain.
Hunting with a paddock (round-up)
Boar roundup is the most common type of hunting in Russian regions. The principle of such fishing in the pasture of the beast beaters on waiting for its shooters. If the terrain is such that the shooters have to settle down places with poor visibility, the team leader warns the beaters to make less noise. So boars will go slower, and shooters will have a better chance to make a sharp shot. Before the corral, all hunt participants need to undergo a briefing and clearly without amateurism to comply with the established rules, observing, and security measures.
Hunting by a paddock can be unpredictable. At any moment, the boar can attack the beaters instead of running away from them. “Blind” round-ups give positive results if there is a flock of wild boars on the site. The number of traces calculates the number of individuals. The beaters and arrows should behave as quietly as possible, speak in a whisper, and give signs tapping on wood.
Hunting with approach (squad)
The boar is screeching in the places of its rookery or on the fast during daylight hours. The hunter must silently sneak up on the boar against the wind, using bushes, trees, and hollows to disguise. It is better to move around in the open area by crawling. Stealing a boar in a sunbed is not a lot of people. The fact that lying in the pit beast is very quiet and invisible. But in a place where he eats, it is easy to do.
Hunting school can be carried out with dogs. Usually, for such purposes, choose barks. Hunting boars with huskies greatly simplifies the process. Hunters in the number of 2-4 people go with dogs to the places of alleged justification of wild boars and, having reached the place, release the dogs. While the dogs are looking for the best, hunters are advancing on the land. When the beast is found and raised by dogs, the hunters act on the circumstances. The main task – as close as possible to the boar and make an accurate shot.
Hunting for boar from the tower
The method of fishing is similar to sitting, with the only difference that the location has already been found – on the tower. This is considered the safest hunting option because even an angry beast will not be able to reach you. More suitable for young, inexperienced hunters who are not yet ready to contact the boar directly. One important condition when fishing with a tower is accuracy. If the shot is inconclusive, you will not have a second chance; the animal will run away. Consider this before hunting a boar alone.
Waiting for a convenient opportunity for a shot, behave as silently as possible. Carefully watch the boars not to miss the moment when one turns in a suitable side for a shot. Hunting for wild boar from the tower can occur at night. Just consider that it must be lunar, otherwise consider soy the target will be almost impossible.
Hunting in the fields
Catching the beast on the field is very convenient. That’s where the animal feeds. In an area without trees and bushes of the beast, it is easy to notice and hear from the characteristic sounds he makes during the meal. It would help if you got to the boar against the wind, silently and waiting for the moments when he freezes and listens. The ideal option is considered to be oats or pea field. In it, you can hide, picking up or waiting for the animal, and waiting to make a shot.
How to shoot a boar correctly
The right shot is a guarantee of your victory over the mighty veprem. Boars are very hardy, and even a wounded animal in the heart can pass up to 300 m or throw at you. When injured, the blood is released in small amounts, as the fat tissue very quickly tightens the wound. This is what causes the “liveliness” of the beast after the sighting. It is possible to find out whether there was a hit after following the tracks of the boar’s departure. If you see drops of blood, it means that the animal is wounded, and you can wait for the time of his death.
Remember the rules of shots to reduce the number of inconclusive hits.
- When the boar stands or goes to the hunter straight, you need to prepare and aim. The shot itself is fired when the beast notices the arrow and turns to the side to leave.
- Shot under the shoulder blade hurts the heart, destroys the brain, and damages the vertebrae in the neck. Remember these three points and try to aim at them.
- The moving target is the best shot from a distance of no more than 30 m.
- Do not shoot an animal that is on a hill above you. If the shot is not effective, the beast will be rushed down directly to you.
- Never aim at the breast. In this place, he has reliable protection in the form of a Colgan, and your manipulations will only anger the animal.
Understand what it was, and in what place you can on certain signs. If the shot fell on the upper part of the body, the boar will squirm if the bottom – will jump. He tries to stand on the front hooves of the animal with a damaged spine, and noticing that the beast is beating in convulsions, he knows that he hit him in the head.
Boar hunting depending on the time of year
For each time of the year, there are laws when hunting wild boars. The opening season begins for all regions in different ways and depends on the climatic features of the area.
How to hunt wild boar in summer
Usually, by the end of the summer period, wild boars begin to eat heavily, feeding fat for the winter. At dusk, herds of animals are chosen to the fields, visit gardens and glades. Understand that you have found a feeding place that can be on the characteristic features. It will be dug pits, puddles of dirt, traces of litter, traces of hooves, etc. Effectively track down the beast from the place of watering on the tracks.
Summer places for sunbeds pick boars in shallow ravines, reeds, spruces, in general, in those places where more moisture and you can hide from the heat. In summer, it is best to hunt wild boar in fields and open glades on the towers.
Hunting in autumn
Golden time is considered the best period for tracking wild boars. Beasts hunt from sitting in the fields and near animal trails. At the very beginning of autumn, the animals go out to feed just after sunset. At the same time, sighting shots are best executed. In mid-September, boars come out to the extraction of food in the dark.
Hunting in winter
In winter, it’s harder to find a place to sit. Choose locations closer to the thickets of reeds, dense trees. Any other time to feed the beast goes more often at night than during the day—the rookery suits on the anthills or under large spruces. On the tracks on the snow and litter can be determined the location of the animal.
In winter, finding food is more difficult than in summer, and experienced hunters use
it. Place in the afternoon lures in the supposed location of the boar, and in the evening go to catch.
Going for the trophy wild boar carcass, remember that the risk is a noble cause, but not in this
case. At the slightest hint of danger to health or life, it is better to retreat. Boars, despite their dimensions and clumsiness, are very fast and agile, so from the role of a hunter, you can quickly move into the role of prey.